Hiya, reader friends!
Hope you enjoyed your October because – ready or not – it’s time for turkey!
We’ve got a busy November ahead of us. It always kicks off in a big way because my husband’s birthday is at the beginning of the month. Last year, we celebrated by visiting this cool little spot on the map:
This year, we went low-key. We had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, caught the premiere of Bohemian Rhapsody (my husband is very obliging, as I’m the Queen fan in the family), and went hiking at one of our nearby state parks.
NOVEMBER – TO NANO OR NOT TO NANO
I’ve decided not to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. It’s always fun to do, but I set my writing schedule by the beginning of the year – often, I set it earlier than that. Somehow, November always ends up being a better month for outlining or editing. I love to support my writing friends who are participating, though!
On top of the fact that I’m in hardcore outlining mode every day for the remainder of The Black Wolf Series, we’ve got a big family vacation coming up and, of course, there’s Thanksgiving to contend with. Plus, I do all my Christmas decorating and Christmas shopping in the week after Thanksgiving. And I’ve still got eight erotica novellas in the works to be published before the end of 2018. So…yeah…there’s a lot to do.
Even if I were feeling like Nano-ing, I think I’d probably take one peek at my calendar and laugh hysterically at the thought. Where, exactly, would I fit it in with everything else I’m already doing?
I’m glad I’m learning to set limits for myself. I’m not great at that, yet, but I’m working on it. I’m in a better place than the insane pace I was working at this time a year ago, at least, even if things still look pretty damn busy.
With everything going on, I’m actually trying to schedule in extra reading time. Since reading is my escape, it’s nice to know I’ve got plenty of books lined up, ready and waiting! And is there really anything better than curling up in a cozy blanket with a good book in the colder months?
READING LIST RECAP
October was a great month for reading! Here’s how it went:
- Where Lightning Strikes by A. L. Jackson – currently on Kindle Unlimited
- Wait by A. L. Jackson– currently on Kindle Unlimited
- Stay by A. L. Jackson – currently on Kindle Unlimited
- Stand by A. L. Jackson – currently on Kindle Unlimited
- Wanted by Dee Palmer – currently on Kindle Unlimited
**Please note that anywhere I’ve listed free/Kindle Unlimited availability is accurate at the time of this post, but may not reflect current status or offers if you’re reading this at a later date**
As always, my ratings and/or reviews for the books I finished are up on Goodreads. Go check them out, add me as a friend over there, and add or rate The Black Wolf Series!
- After Burn by Autumn Jones Lake – the latest installment of The Lost Kings series. I’ll be brutally honest. I’m getting to the point I did with The Black Dagger Brotherhood and House of Night. I’m not as fully invested as I was at the beginning, but I still can’t seem to stop reading them when they come out because I have to know what happens.
- After Glow by Autumn Jones Lake – case in point for my remark above, I’ve already preordered the next installment, which is due out at the end of this month
- Unconventional by Rebecca Royce – This is a three-part series I’m reading for a side project I’ve got going on, so I’m trying to fit all three into this month.
- Unexpected by Rebecca Royce
- Undeniable by Rebecca Royce
- No Tomorrow by Carian Cole – I love, love, love Carian Cole’s work, as you might have seen when I binged everything by her back in May. This is her latest, and I’m already way behind in reading it! So excited to get to this one!
- All Fall Down by Christine Pope – Yes. It’s still here. Shame me, please. I deserve it.
What’s on your TBR list these days? What great fall activities do you love to get up to? Comment below to let me know. I can’t wait to hear!
JOIN THE INNER CIRCLE
Want to be the first to receive updates about my new releases? Sign up for my newsletter!
❤️ No spam sandwiches, I promise! ❤️
Click here to join
2 thoughts on “My November 2018 Reading List”
I want to finish Temper, and read Tease and Trap – all books in the Terraway series. I have no idea what else I want to read when I finish this series. I may need time to mourn the end of the series. LOL.
Ooooh, I don’t think I’d heard of that series before. Just had to go look it up on Goodreads – and then I had to grab the first book on KU because it looks like something I’d love. Sooooo…if I get wrapped up in a new series, I totally know who to blame now 😂 Thanks for sharing!!