Am I the only one looking at the calendar and thinking, “What the actual hell?”
I can’t believe how quickly this year has flown by and how much we still have to look forward to!
I love the holidays for all the usual reasons: family, food, and fun. But one of my favorite memories from my childhood was all the extra time to read! Thinking back on Thanksgiving and Christmas when I was growing up brings me the most perfect mental image of lounging on the sofa in my parents’ home while the family noisily watched TV and I snuggled with a book. The sounds and smells are so real to me–those memories take me back. I remember being ten or eleven and blazing through Jurassic Park and The Lost World, wondering if life ever got cooler than binge-reading dinosaur sci-fi techno-thrillers.
Spoiler alert: it got cooler when my husband took me to see the *real* Jurassic Park as part of our honeymoon. It looked a little something like this:
October was a fabulous reading month. And yes: I finally freaking finished The House of Night books on my list!
Here’s what I read in October:
- Revealed by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Redeemed by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Salvage Him by Sydney Aaliyah Michelle
- Slow Burn by Autumn Jones Lake
- Corrupting Cinderella by Autumn Jones Lake
- Three Kings, One Night by Autumn Jones Lake
- Strength From Loyalty by Autumn Jones Lake
- Tattered on My Sleeve by Autumn Jones Lake
- White Heat by Autumn Jones Lake
Can you tell I got on a little bit of a Lost Kings MC kick? I’m not usually really even a fan of biker romance, but damn: Autumn Jones Lake can write some alpha males. Phew!
On the list for November:
- Between Embers by Autumn Jones Lake — Yup, this list is gonna look pretty boring. My plan is to finish the Lost Kings books that are out so far.
- More Than Miles by Autumn Jones Lake — No need to repeat myself here. If it’s by Autumn Jones Lake, see #1.
- White Knuckles by Autumn Jones Lake
- Beyond Reckless Part One by Autumn Jones Lake
- Beyond Reckless Part Two by Autumn Jones Lake
- One True Mate by Julie Trettel
- Fighting Destiny by Julie Trettel
Considering we’ve got some vacation and holiday time during the month, I’m not sure if I’ll end up getting around to a few more or a few less.
And now, I’ll hand it over to you. What are you reading in November?