Am I the only one looking at the calendar and thinking, “What the actual hell?”
I can’t believe how quickly this year has flown by and how much we still have to look forward to!
I love the holidays for all the usual reasons: family, food, and fun. But one of my favorite memories from my childhood was all the extra time to read! Thinking back on Thanksgiving and Christmas when I was growing up brings me the most perfect mental image of lounging on the sofa in my parents’ home while the family noisily watched TV and I snuggled with a book. The sounds and smells are so real to me–those memories take me back. I remember being ten or eleven and blazing through Jurassic Park and The Lost World, wondering if life ever got cooler than binge-reading dinosaur sci-fi techno-thrillers.
Spoiler alert: it got cooler when my husband took me to see the *real* Jurassic Park as part of our honeymoon. It looked a little something like this:
October was a fabulous reading month. And yes: I finally freaking finished The House of Night books on my list!
Here’s what I read in October:
- Revealed by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Redeemed by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Salvage Him by Sydney Aaliyah Michelle
- Slow Burn by Autumn Jones Lake
- Corrupting Cinderella by Autumn Jones Lake
- Three Kings, One Night by Autumn Jones Lake
- Strength From Loyalty by Autumn Jones Lake
- Tattered on My Sleeve by Autumn Jones Lake
- White Heat by Autumn Jones Lake
Can you tell I got on a little bit of a Lost Kings MC kick? I’m not usually really even a fan of biker romance, but damn: Autumn Jones Lake can write some alpha males. Phew!
You can find my ratings and/or reviews for all these books over on Goodreads. It would be pretty cool if you take a minute while you’re there to rate Black Wolf, Born Wolf, or follow my author page!
On the list for November:
- Between Embers by Autumn Jones Lake — Yup, this list is gonna look pretty boring. My plan is to finish the Lost Kings books that are out so far.
- More Than Miles by Autumn Jones Lake — No need to repeat myself here. If it’s by Autumn Jones Lake, see #1.
- White Knuckles by Autumn Jones Lake
- Beyond Reckless Part One by Autumn Jones Lake
- Beyond Reckless Part Two by Autumn Jones Lake
- One True Mate by Julie Trettel
- Fighting Destiny by Julie Trettel
Considering we’ve got some vacation and holiday time during the month, I’m not sure if I’ll end up getting around to a few more or a few less.
And now, I’ll hand it over to you. What are you reading in November?
One thought on “My November 2017 Reading List”
Well. I feel this is a little unfair as you know what I’m currently reading… but I just finished Secrets for the Mad by dodie clark (who happens to share your disdain for crapital letters) and I’ve moved on to Turtles All The Way Down by John Green…and you were there when I bought that one. Beyond? Well, obviously I’ll be reading (re-reading?) Blood Wolf next… beyond that? Well the world gets pretty busy for me in the next few weeks, so maybe not so much reading then, but the beauty of reading for me, is that the timing of it is often surprising. It shows up when I least expect it.