June was AMAZING. It was, without a single doubt, the most productive month I’ve had in ages. I’ll have a fun update for you later this week regarding Book Three of The Black Wolf Series, but for now I’ll just say this: I’m. On. Fiy-ah!!
Now that I’ve more than certainly jinxed my uber-productive streak, let’s move on to reading. As in, how well I did my my June reading list. Someone get my gold star ready.
I read seven books in June. What’s that? You want me to say it again? Oh, I couldn’t possib–seven books in June. On top of everything else I did! I’ma need a gold star for my gold star. #justsayin
Here’s what I read:
- Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success (Helping Writers Become Authors Book 1) by K.M. Weiland
- Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter
- Betrayed by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Chosen by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Untamed by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Hunted by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Tempted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Now, I know what you’re thinking. Holy crap, that’s a lot of books by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast. Well, yeah. Remember how my OF gave me an enormous stash of books to read? Well, the House of Night series was in that box (for the most part, at least. I think I’m missing the last four novels–2nd and Charles, here I come!) So, yeah, I’ve been trying to blaze my way through that series, mostly so I can give the box back!
I talked about my experiences with implementing Outlining Your Novel in my last post.
And you know how I mentioned Me and Mr. Darcy gets major hate online? Wow. Just wow. This is the only book so far to get two stars from me, other than the entirety of *The Fifty Shades Situation*. I’ll probably receive karmic retribution, but I had to be honest. It wasn’t for me.
My ratings/reviews for all the June books are up over on Goodreads. As always, while you’re over there, take a minute to rate Black Wolf, Born Wolf, or follow my author page!
So, what’s on the reading list for July?
- Orgullo y prejuicio (Pride and Prejudice ~ Spanish Edition) by Jane Austen– Technically, I’ve read Pride and Prejudice before (and by technically, I mean it’s one of my favorite books of all time and I read it at least once a year, but usually more). I’ve never read it in Spanish, though.
Since January 2016, one of my daily personal growth tasks has been working to learn Spanish as a second language. My husband is fluent, and I would really like to be. Multiple language fluency has always been on my bucket list!
One of the recommendations for when you’re seriously studying a foreign language is to read a book in that language. Usually, this means you should start with a children’s book. Being me, I figured: why?
So, this is my big undertaking for July. I’m armed with my Spanish dictionary and the Kindle translate feature, and I’m ready to go!
- Burned by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast – Officially on the list, but not my main focus this month. That being said, I’ll probably read it–I would like to finish this series within the next few months or so.
- Awakened by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast – See Number 2.
So, now I want to know: what are you reading in July?
4 thoughts on “My July 2017 Reading List”
I have a couple of books that I need to get read myself this July, but I’m currently mid-reread of Born Wolf…because I got sucked in again. Lol. But there’s going to be a large amount of Dannika Dark on the plate for me…mostly because I need to get the Mageri Series read. I may or may not have been interrupted in the reading of it by an editing gig and just never got around to it again. So that’s the plan. Finish Born Wolf for the third time? Fourth? I’ve lost count…and then on to Mageri.
Nice! Always glad for a reread on one of my own 😉 As for Dannika Dark, I definitely recommend her newest series, Crossbreed, too. In case you didn’t already have enough to do 😛
Enough to do? NAH!! Never have enough to do! always more!